- 1 unbaked Gluten-Free Vegan Pie Crust (oil-free) Or your favorite pie crust recipe
- 1/4 cup rolled oats Use certified GF oats if needed; can also sub 3 Tbsp GF flour or almond flour
- 3 to 4 Tbsp almond or cashew butter, smooth Omit or sub seed butter or additional oats for nut-free option
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk such as almond, flax, rice or oat
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp corn starch or 2 1/2 Tbsp arrowroot
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree (pureed, cooked pumpkin with nothing added) Sub sweet potato if you like.
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon plus extra for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prebake the pie crust for about 10 minutes, or follow package directions if using a store-bought crust.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a blender (oats, nut/seed butter, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, arrowroot or corn starch, pumpkin, and spices). Begin by blending on low, gradually increasing to high speed. The mixuture will be fairly thick.
- Once the filling is smooth and creamy, pour it into the prebaked pie crust. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the center looks just set. *Depending on the crust you’re using, you may need to cover the edges with foil or a pie crust shield after 25 – 30 minutes to prevent it from getting too brown. If using my gluten-free crust recipe, the crust should be okay uncovered the whole time.
- Let the pie cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate at least 3 to 4 hours before serving. See Notes for serving suggestions.
To find out some more, visit this My quiet kitchen.
Image source My quiet kitchen