Celeriac & Apple Soup
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 small apples or 2 large, peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
- 1 medium celeriac peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup almond milk or other milk alternative
- 2 tbsp walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 tbsp thyme
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add in the onion and cook for a few minutes until it begins to soften.
- Add in the cubed apple, celeriac, thyme, salt and 2 cups of the vegetable stock and let simmer for 20 minutes until the celeriac is soft.
- Transfer everything from the pot into a blender and blend or alternatively use a hand emulsifier to puree everything in the pot. Once smooth return the mixture to the pot and add in the remaining 1 cup vegetable stock and almond milk. Stir and bring to a boil. Taste and adjust seasoning with more salt, thyme or vegetable stock if too thick.
- In a bowl combine the chopped walnuts and thyme and mix
- Serve the soup topped with the walnuts and thyme