Make Ahead Super Green Vegan Quinoa Burritos
- 1 avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 scallion, trimmed
- handful of chives, basil, and/or cilantro
- 1/4 cup tahini or almond butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt or coconut aminos, to taste
- 1 serrano chile pepper (optional)
- 2 bunches of kale, de-stemmed, and sliced
- 6 multi-grain or spinach tortillas
- 3 cups cooked mung beans
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- optional: toasted pepitas, hemp seeds
- Combine the avocado, garlic, scallion, herbs, tahini, water, lemon juice, salt, and serrano in a blender or food processor and pulse until creamy. Transfer to a jar.
- Place the kale in a large bowl, and add about 1/2 of the dressing to it. Massage with your hands until the kale is nicely coated and beginning to collapse a bit.
- Place one tortilla on the counter and fill with about 1/2 cup of the quinoa, 1/2 cup of the mung beans, a couple generous dollops of the dressing, a handful of the kale mixture, and a sprinkling of pepitas and hemp seeds (if using). Fold and roll, and then repeat with the remaining burritos. Wrap each in parchment paper, and then foil if you’re planning on eating later. You can freeze in multiples, wrapped in parchment, and then foil in large plastic bag.
To find more recipes like this visit www.101cookbooks.com