Discover more on Audible
My Books to read for the month of March
- Writers & Lovers by Lily King
- It’s Ok That You’re Not Ok by Megan Devine
- The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell
- Quite by Claudia Winkleman
- The Prophets by Robert Jones Jr
My Books to read for the month of August
- Finding Freedom Omid Scobie
- The Flatshare Beth O’Leary
- Girl, Woman, Other Bernardine Evaristo
- The Mirror and the Light Hilary Mantel
- A Place of Execution Val McDermid
Rockett St George: Extraordinary Interiors: Show-stopping looks for unique interiors.
Jane and Lucy start at the very beginning, taking the reader by the hand and offering sound advice on making the right style choices. They go on to discuss finding inspiration, analysing a space, choosing paint colours and wallpapers, arranging and styling furniture, finding the right lighting, showing off treasures and making style statements that will stop others in their tracks. Illustrated with real-life homes, Extraordinary Interiors helps the reader to navigate the sea of choices out there when it comes to decorating, all with a dash of humour and a light-hearted approach that makes interior decorating fun.
Shop on Amazon
My time to chill before just before bedtime lights out!
Eat Sweat Play: How Sport Can Change Our Lives by Anna Kessel
Anna Kessel has been a sports writer for the Guardian and Observer since 2004. She has covered three Olympic Games, as well as several World Cups, Euros and World Championships, and interviewed some of the biggest stars in global sport.
“Society has led us to believe that women and sport don’t mix. But why? What happens to the young girls who dare to climb trees and cartwheel across playgrounds?
In her exploration of major taboos, from sex to the gender pay gap, sports journalist Anna Kessel discovers how sport and exercise should play an integral role in every sphere of our modern lives.
Covering a fascinating range of women, from Sporty Spice to mums who box and breastfeed, Eat Sweat Play reveals how women are finally reclaiming sport, and by extension their own bodies, for themselves – and how you can too.” ~ Amazon
The MONOCLE Travel Guide Series
Collectors items. I have started my collection already
My Books to read for the month of July
- The Little Book of Fika: The Uplifting Daily Ritual of the Swedish Coffee Break
- The Little Book of Lykke: The Danish Search for the World’s Happiest People
- Lagom: The Swedish Art of Balanced Living
- The Little Book of Hygge: The Danish Way to Live Well: The Danish Way of Live Well (Penguin Life)
- Live Green: 52 steps for a more sustainable life
Siobhan Wall, Quiet London
“This charming guides can show you where to find these hidden, peaceful places in the midst of the capital’s hustle and bustle. From lesser known gardens and parks to tucked away cafes and galleries, this unique and original guide will take you off the beaten track in search of attractive places where you don’t need to strain to hear each other speak! “